CCRMA User Blog Posts
CREATE A BLOG ENTRY
Women in Music and Gaming Scholarship
Summer workshop opportunity to study Music and GamingGOAL:Promote the engagement of young women in the fields of game design and development and interactive electronic and computer music.HOW IT WORKS:Up to 2 (two) women (between ages 16-30) will be selected to attend the Designing Musical Games::Gaming Musical Design Summer Workshop at CCRMA with full
- I was visiting scholar at CCRMA in 1996-1997
My current home page is :
I just got new hosting and I'm waiting for dns to propagate… and in the meantime, composing a new "about me". Over the years, ccrma's been good to me, so I decided to link to this blog instead of creating a brand new one. My password still works from 2005. Thanks for that faith in me.
install f22 from usb stick
login as user (answer first session questions)
...f21 equivalent... being kept for now
dnf groupinstall Cinnamon
yum groupinstall Cinnamon Desktop
- In Austin the sun rises at 7:28 every day this week because we're at the parahelion, the pointiest part in the earth's ellipse around the sun. the planet is moving slower this time of year. In three months, the sun will rise a minute earlier each day! In my home town in New Hampshire, it will change by two minutes each day!
- Let's see how it works. Subscribe?
- Trying to figure out if we should encourage people to use this blog feature. Does it look good? Is it worth it?
- The oldest book I can find on music theory is the Silappatikaram, written around the year 400 in Tamil. I ordered a copy. I'll let you know.
What music theory books have inspired you?
- ECHO::Canyon v1.0 was premiered last week at the 4/25/2013 "Music & Games" concert @ccrma. With amazing custom visuals, modeling and rigging by Chris Platz, this environment led us in a whole new direction for interactive musical sonification and procedural music with UDKOSC.
The piece and entire concert are archived up on UStream thanks to Dave Kerr: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/31968509 (ECHO::Canyon is the first piece of the stream).
Here's a screen-grab of the player "Valkordia" character, floating out by the edge of the environment.
- 1 of 4