Lab #1 – Due Monday 10/3
1) Get a kit from Sasha or Nolan. Put your name, email address and phone number on the box. Decorate all 6 sides of the box. This can be simply your name or a picture or a colored X or something more elaborate. The point is to make sure we don’t confuse the boxes.
2) Follow the instructions here:
(If you are using a CCRMA Linux machine, the software is already installed)
3) In Arduino, open up Blink.
File > Examples > Basics > Blink
- a) Modify the code so that the included LED blinks for a very short time but stays off for a longer time.
- b) Modify the code to the point that the blink is so fast that it looks like it is continually on. How fast did that actually need to be? What were the values that you had to choose for the delays between High and Low?
4) Do the following examples:
Make sure you understand EVERY line of code in these tutorials. If you have any questions, we are here to help.
- a) https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/DigitalReadSerial
g) https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/AnalogInput (There will be a small container of photoresistors sitting on the wooden box near Sasha’s desk in the Max Lab. Please return the photoresistor when you are done)