Due Monday, October 13 before class
Bring a sound clip
- Prepare a 0.5 - 1.0 second long sound clip before
class in .wav format.
- Please make sure that others can read your file, i.e.
~/> chmod a+r myfile.wav
myfile.wav is the name of your wav file.
- E-mail the location of your file to email@example.com
- A hypothetical file location in jimbo's home
directory would be: /user/j/jimbo/250a/mysound.wav
- If you don't know how to edit a .wav file, this is
- If you aren't sure how to edit .wav files on linux,
check out Audacity, (type "audacity" in a terminal, without the
quotes), or choose it from the "Sound and Video" tab of the Main Menu
in your taskbar.
- If you want to import audio from an audio CD in
Linux, you can use cdparanoia (typing "cdparanoia" in a terminal,
without the quotes, gives the usage instructions). An example usage
to extract from track 1, time 0:30.12 to 1:10.00, type (with the
- Don't spend too much time on this.