MA/MST student, Stanford University
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics
New! Check out my new site: http://www.jessefox.com
- Courses (all within the Music department):
- Final project page for Music 220c. I'm working on haptic musical interfaces.
- I'm also involved in a big project for music 154, along with Jen Carlile, Steven Backer and Sasha Leitman. We are working on a set of sound sculptures made from found objects (most of which are bicycle parts). Check out the web page right here. A few lo-res videos of the final product are here: (1,2,3).
- ICAD 2005: Jen Carlile and I will be taking a poster to ICAD this year in Limerick, Ireland (July 6-9). Our poster is called, SoniMime: Sonification of Fine Motor Skills and is an extension of our work on the original SoniMime project. You can find our accepted paper here.
- NIME 2005: Jen Carlile and I will also be taking the SoniMime to this year's NIME conference (New Interfaces for Musical Expression) at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, May 26-28. Download a copy of our paper here.
- Jazz: the quartet that I play with has emerged from the studio. This was my first experience as a studio engineer, and these tunes are the result of my final project for 192b last quarter. Stephen Hinshaw is on tenor, Sam Adams on bass, Jonathan Hsu on guitar, and me on drums. You can find mp3 files of the better takes here.
- Final project for Music 192B: "Recordame", by Joe Henderson. Played by the quartet mentioned below.
- Jazz: I play with a jazz quartet (myself on drums, Sam Adams on bass, Jon Pythagoras Hsu on guitar, and Stephen Hinshaw on saxophone). I have some recordings from a recent rehearsal stashed here.
- [sic]: This quarter I am performing with the Stanford Improvisation Collective [sic], in which I will be playing drumset and electronics. Our performance on Feb. 27 with the Stanford Dance dept. was a great success. We presented a joint program entitled, Music and Dance by Chance. Concert audio is here.
- EncounterMerce: The title of [sic]'s last performance is partly inspired by the upcoming residency of the Merce Cunningham Dance Company. As part of this residency, [sic] will perform with Merce and Co. on March 8 and 12 in two separate performances.
Also on the 8th, I will be presenting some electronic music that stems from my work here at CCRMA as part of the Musicollage that will take place at Cantor Arts Center.
For fun: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrobfox
Last updated September 26, 2010 by Jesse Fox.