Homework #3.5: Polished Visualizer Product + Final Project Proposal
- part 1: 2013.11.5 11:59:59pm, Tuesday
- part 2: 2013.11.6 in-class presentation, Wednesday
In this two-part mini-assignment, you are to polish your visualizer into a product, make a webpage for it, and put together a proposal/presentation for final project.
Specification (part 1 of 2): Visualizer as Product
- polish your visualizer into a software product!
- finalize a name for it (e.g., probably should not be "VisualSine" or "fft" or "boiler")
- make things smoother, more pot smokin;
- add any addition features
- make a webpage on CCRMA server, to include screenshots, description, usage info, and a download link (use sndpeek's page as reference)
- submit website link to imdone256 /at/ gmail.com
Specification (part 2 of 2): Project Proposal
- put together a proposal for your final project
- check out this project page template
- must involve real-time sound + graphics + interaction somehow, and "with aesthetics!"
- should be in implementation language (e.g., c++)
- recommended number of people on team: 1 or 2 (if more than 2, please talk to me)
- craft some preliminary design for the product (the vision, for end users)
- architect the software (the engine/framework, for developers)
- make some realistic milestones (2 to 3) leading up the final presentation (in class, finals week)
- for Wednesday (11/6), present this in a 2-3 minute presentation
(part 1): send your webpage URL to imdone256 /at/ gmail.com
(part 2): in class presentation, with written component (on paper or electronic)