- To provide a general framework for characterizing single-input,
single-output linear systems.
- To explain and demonstrate how to measure the impulse response of a
linear system using Golay codes.
- To explain some of the limitations of making measurements using standard
- To demonstrate how to find the minimum-phase spectrum
corresponding to a complex spectrum.
- To explain how to measure the impulse response of a system even if the
excitation source motor is weakly nonlinear. This measurement technique uses a
sine sweep test signal.