- A mesh of such waveguides in 2D or 3D can simulate
waves traveling in any direction in the space.
- Analogy: tennis racket = rectilinear mesh of strings = pseudo-membrane
- Wavefronts are explicitly simulated in all directions
- True diffuse field in late reverb
- Spatialized reflections are ``free''
- Echo density grows naturally with time
- Mode density grows naturally with frequency
- Low-frequency modes very accurately simulated
- High-frequency modes mistuned due to dispersion (can be corrected) (often not heard)
- Multiply free almost everywhere
- Coarse mesh captures most perceptual details