MUSIC 250A / CS377C
Human Computer Interaction Theory and Practice:
Designing New Devices
- Atmel General References
- Avrlib is a C-language library of functions written by Pascal Stang that gives us high-level access to many of the AVR microcontroller's feautres. It includes support for lcd displays, timing, a/d conversion, buffered serial communication, etc. We have added some functionality to his release, including support for MIDI and Open Sound Control. We have also eliminated some of the components that are not likely to be used by people at CCRMA.
- Doxygen Docs for the CCRMA distribution of avrlib
- avrlib_ccrma-20021014.tar.gz - the latest CCRMA distribution: USE THIS ONE!
- Pascal's AVRlib Page - the original distribution.
- The AVRMini is an application/development board designed by Pascal Stang, that we use for class exercises and labs. It is very general-purpose and provides access to all the microcontroller's ports with headers. It allows us to rapidly prototype and test new applications for the AVR microcontroller. We are currently using AVRMini Version 3
- AVRMini Version 3 Schematic
- AVRMini Version 3 Board Layout
- Kernighan and Ritchie, The C Programming Language. This is the C programming bible. Everyone should have it. If you are going to buy one C programming book, buy this one.
- Essential C - a good basic C programming tutorial by the Stanford CS Education Library
- C Programming Notes - an online C programming primer.
Electronics and Microcontrollers
HCI in Music
- Joint Program in Design's list of suppliers - addresses and phone numbers of local businesses for electronics and other supplies
- Jameco - Our local mail-order house for components, kits, etc. They will ship or you can get there for Will-Call in 15 minutes
- Digikey - Major distributor of all kinds of electronic components, including Atmel Microcontrollers.
- Mouser Electronics - Similar to Digikey
- Parallax Home Page - Makers of the Basic Stamp.
- Analog Devices - IC manufacturer (op amps, accelerometers, voltage regulators). They will send free samples of many of their products.
Sites from previous years
Related Courses (from Stanford and other universities)