I’m using my guitar as input to my sonified swarm simulation (on GitHub here). Myles is using his monome and some Ableton/Max for Live magic. Spencer is using the GameTrak controller to apply granular synthesis in real time to the sounds made by Myles and me. The result was a spooky, middle-of-Echoes soundscape.
From the program note:
Through generative systems, algorithmic composition, gestural control, and live looping Specener Salazar, Timothy O’Brien, and Myles Borins create a unique and improvised sound scape. Developed over the fall quarter under the tutelage of Roberto Morales, “Side Two” is a collaboration of individuals and their respective technologies, steeped in the theory and practice of improvisation.
- Piece No. 2 (2012) for flute and live electronics by Roberto Morales-Manzanares
- Bi lase (2010) by Roberto Morales-Manzanares
- Play Day (2012) by Roberto Morales Manzanares & Chris Chafe
- Improvisation (2012) - Bjoern Erlach
- Wormholes with Tiny Tiny Tim Time Travel (2012) by Galen Jackson & Priyanka Shekar
- Improvisation Trio (2012) by Reza Payami, Colin Sullivan, Roberto Morales