1998-2008, 4/8 channels
iICEsCcRrEeAaMm is a beta, er.. I mean alpha version of a new multichannel piece I'm still working on. As in the software world, Marketing informs me that in future versions bugs will be squashed and new features will be added for the benefit of all listeners. iscream refers to the origin of most of the concrete sound materials used in the piece. Screams and various other utterances from all of Chris Chafe's kids were digitally recorded in all their chilling and quite upsetting beauty. They were latter digitally fed into the "grani" sample grinder, a granular synthesis instrument developed by the composer. ICECREAM refers to the reward the kids (and myself) got after the screaming studio session. The piece was composed in the digital domain using Bill Schottstaedt's Common Lisp Music. Many software instruments and quite a few other samples of real world sounds made their way into the bitstream. --fll
- SMC2008, Festival Inventionen 2008, Berlin, Germany, August 3rd, 2008
- MusiCollage, Cantor Arts Center, Stanford, March 8th 2005.
- 2nd International Linux Audio Conference Concert, ZKM Kubus, Karlsruhe, Germany, April 29th, 2004
- sfSoundSeries & the SF Tape Music Center, CellSpace, February 20th, 2004
- CCRMA @ TU, Elektroakustische Musik hoeren, TU Berlin, May 22nd, 2008.
- WOCMAT 2006 Conference Concerts, Taipei, Taiwan, March 19th 2006.
- CCRMA @ The Age of Noise, Festival de Los Tiempos del Ruido, Santafe de Bogota - Colombia, Nov 2001
- ICMC1999, October 22nd, 1999
- CNMAT Sprint 1999 Concert Exchange, May 14th 1999
- Summer Concert 1998, CCRMA, July 23rd, 1998 (premiere).