Mike Wilson's Blog

I was a MA/MST student at Stanford's Center for Computer Research in Music and Accoustics.

This is my weblog.

Click here for my main page.


I've made some more progress on my 220a song.  I'm trying to do
everything in ChucK, from sound design to sequencing.  It's pretty
rough, but I think I'll end up with something satisfactory in the

I made a dinky four-sound drumkit with envelope generators, white
noise, reverberators, and a sine oscillator.  And there are also pitch
slides.  Gotta have pitch slides.

I still need to sequence out the bassline and a little solo section.
I also made chords which should pan around the listener but I've been
working at home and haven't tested if it actually works on a real
four-channel system.  We'll see soon enough.

Maybe if I had another week to focus just on this I would be able to
make something better, but again maybe that's not the point.  I've
been forced to figure out a lot of simple ways to get roughly the
effects I want in doing this assignment, and even if I don't reuse or
adapt this code I think it was a good exercise to go through.

Of course, there are other projects that I need to take care of very
soon.  It doesn't help that I've been a bit sick the past week.  But
I'm sure it will all pan out in the end, one way or another.

email mwilson@alumni.caltech.edu
Disclaimer: the views herein are my own and do not represent the views of Stanford University. All material copyright Michael J. Wilson.