I am currently an assistant professor at Graudate School of Cultural Technology at KAIST. Previously, I was a CCRMA PhD student working with Julius O. Smith,
Jonathan S. Abel and Malcolm Slaney.
My research interests include various topics at the intersection of music, digital signal processing and machine learning.
In particular, I am interested in the following topics:
- - Music information retrieval: music classification, annotation and transcription
- - Speech and environmental sound recognition
- - Sound analysis/synthesis, modeling musical instruments and digital audio effect
- - Music and audio representation and visualization
- - Musically inspired HCI
- - Computational musicology
E-mail: juhan [at] ccrma [dot] stanford [dot] edu