- Searching for the right sound through a file system tedious and can often impede the creative process.
- SonicFileSystem is a first pass at creating an interactive, aesthetically pleasing environment for browsing sound files.
- In order to take advantage of the user's existing familiarity with their file system, the structure of the file system is used to determine the orbits.
- The environment is also navigable using familiar command line instructions detailed in the user guide.
- Press 'command' to toggle command line mode on and off
- When in command line mode
- 'cd [directory]' navigates to that directory
- 'cd ..' navigates to the parent directory
- 'pl [filename]' plays the file
- When not in command line mode
- 'd' toggles the display of directory names
- 's' toggles the display of file names