- Mathews, M.V, G. Bennett, C. Sapp, A. Friberg and J. Sundberg. "A Marriage of the Director Musices Program and the Conductor Program" in the Proceedings (Volume 1) of the Stockholm Music Acoustics Conference, 6-9 Aug 2003. [ PDF ]
Abstract: This paper will describe an ongoing collaboration between the authors to combine the Director Musices and Conductor programs in order to achieve a more expressive and socially interactive performance of a midi file score by an electronic orchestra. Director Musices processes a "square" midi file, adjusting the dynamics and timing of the notes to achieve the expressive performance of a trained musician. The Conductor program and Radio-Baton allow a conductor, wielding an electronic baton, to follow and synchronize with other musicians, for example to provide an orchestral accompaniment to an operatic singer. These programs may be particularly useful for student soloists who wish to practice concertos with orchestral accompaniments.
2003 Acknowledgements, Reviews and Citations to Web Resources
- Hewlett, Walter B. and Eleanor Selfridge-Field. "Base-40 Arithmetic for Notation-Based Applications" at Interactive MusicNetwork, 2003. [ PDF Abstract ]
- Rho, Seung-Min and Een-Jun Hwang. "FMF (Fast Melody Finder): A Web-Based Music Retrieval System" Computer Music Modeling and Retrieval: International Symposium (CMMR) 2003, Montpellier, France, May 26-27, 2003. [ website ]
- Lorenzo, Levy. Intelligent MIDI Sequencing with Hamster Control. Masters Thesis, Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, August 2003. [ PDF ]
- Bosi, Marina and Richard Goldberg. Introduction to Digital Audio Coding and Standards. Kluwer Academic Press: Norwell, Massachusetts; 2003. ISBN 1-4020-7357-7. p. xxi. [ PDF ]
- Mathematics of the Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT) by Julius Smith. [ webpage ]