A C++ GRANULATOR
An application for the LUMI or standalone with Mac OSX
This basic granular synthesizer is built in C++ with an OpenGL user interface. It performs granulation with the following functionality
- Accepts midi input through a midi keyboard or the LUMI musical controller
- Built as an object directly into the LUMI software so you can make use of other LUMIE tools such as Mixing/Effects and Midi Learn
- Two types of granulation - synchronous and asynchronous
- Two types of waveform inputs - sine or saw wave
- Microphone Input
- Three types of grain envelopes - sine pulse, cosine pulse and triangle
- Synchronous variables - Gap Size and Grain Size
- Asynchronous variables - Grain Size and Asynchronous Range
Using only these simple techniques, you can obtain a variety of interesting timbres and textures.
Download sound clips of the GRANULATOR! - coming soon!