JOS 320C Project
- Make my first "meta plugin" that writes out files for other plugins to read
- Learn how to make better GUIs for plugin Editors
- Look at some 220C projects for general orientation on project reporting
- Read ahead in the course schedule to learn about GUI options
- Decide on a file format: XML? Plain text? Encrypted?
- I am starting with plain text, and planning to include a hash string generated by a secret algorithm to detect modification if/when needed
- I am now reading all GUI-related JUCE tutorials that are new since I last looked
- JUCE GUI Editor used (very quick)
- Band-setting sliders will be programmatically laid out dynamically
- Later planning to draw the T60 curve directly, like many EQ interfaces these days
- Configured for waveguide string loop filter
- Can also be used to design late reverb
- Update 2021-05-06:
- Changed name T60Designer to LoopFilterDesigner
- Letting go of Reverb case for now (planning a separate plugin)
- Created LoopFilterDesignerGUI from T60DesignerGUI and added a Tabbed Component
- Moved T60DesignerGUI to Tab 1
- Created a new IRDesignerGUI for Tab 2
- Revised GUI prototype with Tab 1 and 2 selected, respectively:
See the jos directory of the 320C-2021 GitLab project which can be cloned as follows:
git clone email@example.com:jos/320C-2021.git
T60 Designer Help
- T60 Designer is an audio plugin that designs, tests, and exports digital filters to other compatible audio plugins.
- The filter design is specified as the desired decay-time in each frequency band.
- Decay time is specified by T60, which means "time in seconds to decay by 60 dB" (a term commonly used when studying reverberation).
- Presently two filter types can be specified:
Test Pluck Help
When T60 Designer is configured to design a "String Filter", then the "Tester" panel in the lower-right corner provides a Pluck button for hearing the sound of a plucked waveguide string using the loop-filter designed by T60 Designer. When you like what you hear, you can Save it out as a Preset that any compatible plugin can use.