From CCRMA Wiki
Homework #0: Computational Aesthetics
Due date: 2018.1.15 11:59:59pm, Monday.
Musical Statement (part 1 of 2): ChucKu's
- construct two chucku's, according to the following specifications:
- like a haiku, a chucku should contain exactly 3 lines of code (each less than 80 characters)
- each chucku should generate sound
- 5/7/5 pattern optional, but try to make the code "pretty"
- check out one line chuck crazy to see similarly compact examples
- the chucku's should be standalone (i.e., no external audio or chuck files)
- (thanks to Chris + kijjaz for the idea)
Musical Statement (part 2 of 2): Design Your Sound Logo
- design and create, using ChucK, your own sound logo
- 15-30 seconds in duration
- figure out what you are designing the logo for?
- an organization you belong to?
- have a narrative (e.g., beginning, middle, end)!
- make it interesting!
- experiment with have MANY INSTANCES (e.g., like saw voices in the THX Deep Note) that are both independently controlled but also obey an overall plan!
- have fun with it!!!
turn in all files by putting them in your Library/Web/220b/hw0/ directory AND to Canvas
- 1) a separate .ck file for each chucku
- 2) your .ck file(s) for your sound logo
- 3) an audio recording of your sound logo (hw0.wav)
- 4) a short README text (readme.txt) file that:
- conveys your ideas/comments in constructing each program
- contains instructions on running your programs
- describes any difficulties you encountered in the process