From CCRMA Wiki
Homework #2: Rhythm + Arhythmia
In this assignment, you are to create two ChucK programs (EDIT: each program can consist of one or many .ck files) - each of which generates a musical statement. One program is to be "rhythmic", and the other to be "a-rhythmic". As part of the assignment, you define what "rhythmic" and "a-rhythmic" means. You are free to modify existing examples, or create your own programs from scratch, or some combination thereof. Record (via JACK) into Audacity (some "post-production" in Audacity, if desired, is allowed. However, try to do the bulk of things in the code!
As usual, turn in all files by putting them in your Library/Web/220a/ directory.
- 1) rhythm.ck (and related files) 2) a-rhythm.ck (and related files)
- 3) make one .wav file hw2.wav concatenating the two results into one longer file
- 4) a short README text (readme.txt) file that:
- describes your definition/interpretation of "rhythmic" and "a-rhythmic"
- instructions on running your programs
- any comments about each program / musical statement
- describe any difficulties you encountered in the process