Useful Commands for Satellite CCRMA
From CCRMA Wiki
Revision as of 10:25, 19 July 2012 by Wendyju (Created page with 'This is a list of commands that are useful to use on the Satellite CCRMA: * pkill <name of program>: kills all instances of the program with that name. For example, '''pkill pd…')
This is a list of commands that are useful to use on the Satellite CCRMA:
- pkill <name of program>: kills all instances of the program with that name. For example, pkill pd will stop pd if it is stuck or frozen somehow.
- <name of program> &: runs program as a background process, so that you can continue to type other commands into the console. For example, "arduino &" starts the Arduino IDE but also allows you to type other commands before you quit the Arudino IDE program.
- ls: lists the files in the current directory
- cd <dir name>: changes the current directory. For example, 'cd ..' moves to the directory above the current directory.
- pwd: lists the full path name of the current directory
- nano: opens a text editor
- top: program that shows the CPU usage of the Beagleboard. Press 'q' to quit.
- alsamixer: lets you look at the mix of the audio input and output. Useful for setting the audio input level on the microphone, for instance.
- cp <source> <destination>: allows you to copy files locally within the Beagleboard filesystem.
- sudo <command>: executes the command as a superuser once password is entered. For example, to stop the Satellite CCRMA before shutting down, type 'sudo halt'.