The idea is to create new musical instruments for people with limited mobility.
links: some of these are kinda random...just 'linkstorming' I guess...
- Adaptive Use
- Assistive Technology, 'Giving Voice, Movement, and Independence to the Physically Challenged'
- Computer-based musical instruments for disabled performers
- Patent for adapted keyboard
- Patent for instrument generating acoustic or visual effects by human body actions.
- EAMIR, the Electro-Acoustic Musical Interaction Room (not much info online, but I know this guy and plan to get some info from him)
- Disabled Musicians use Music Technology to Perform Software Instruments with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra Big Band
- alternative controllers discussion
(Hayden, can you add the guy you were talking about here...I can't remember his name.)
- Jason Becker, guitarist for the David Lee Roth Band
- Rick Allen, drummer for Def Leppard
- Curtis Mayfield
- Derek Bailey, avant-garde guitarist
- Directory of musicians with disabilities