Difference between revisions of "Spatial layers"
Revision as of 12:41, 1 December 2006
Our purpose is to create a methodology to understanding the maximum threshold of individual musical tracks that move rythmically in space. The data will be collected through gui and tools will be learned by the subjects in order to accomplish tasks.
Room Configuration and Hardware
- The experiments will be conducted in the semi-anechoic listening room at CCRMA Stanford.
- 8 speakers configured horizontally equally spaced(0, 45, 90, etc...)
- 4 speakers above configured spherically above and 4 spherically below at (22.5,38; -22.5,38; etc...)
- Tascam 3200 16 channel mixer
- Linux box
- The programming environment we will use for this project will be PD and MAX/MSP.
- Spatialization will be accomplished through Vector Base Amplitude Panning (http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/~ville/)
- GUI created through GEM