Sound Synthesis With Max Or Pd
We demonstrate sound synthesis using a series of patches.
- If you are using Pd, save the series of patches for Pd pd_lecture.zip to your computer and uncompress them.
- If you are using Max/MSP, save the series of patches for Max max_lecture.zip to your computer and uncompress them.
- Start up either Pd or Max/MSP.
- Read and try the patches.
- Look through further example patches: In Pd, the examples can be found in the 'Help' Menu. In Max/MSP, see the Max Tutorials and MSP Tutorials in the Help menu.
- Look at the links for Pd and Max/MSP on the PID Links page.
You might like to experiment with a collection of STK Physical and FM synthesis objects. To make them available in Max/MSP, you will need to install PeRColate. Recently, PeRColate was compiled again for Pd for OS X.
The names of the STK objects are as follows:
- BeeThree~ (See note)
- FMVoices~ (See note)
- HevyMetl~ (See note)
- Mandolin~ (See note)
- Moog~ (See note)
- Rhodey~ (See note)
- Simple~ (See note)
- TubeBell~ (See note)
- VoicForm~ (See note)
- Wurley~ (See note)
If Percolate for Pd disappears again, you can install Stk2pd instead; however, it is currently compiled only for OS X and Linux.