Sound Synthesis With Max Or Pd
We demonstrate sound synthesis using a series of patches.
- If you are using Max, save the series of patches for Max max_lecture.tar.gz to your computer and uncompress them.
- If you are using Pd, save the series of patches for Pd pd_lecture.tar.gz to your computer and uncompress them.
- Start up either Max or Pd.
- Read and try the patches.
- Look through further example patches: In Max, see the Max Tutorials and MSP Tutorials in the Help menu. In Pd, the examples can be found in the 'Help' Menu.
- Look at the links for Max and Pd on the PID Links page.
You might like to experiment with a collection of STK Physical and FM synthesis objects. To make them available in Max/MSP, you will need to install PeRColate. Or to make them available in Pd, you will need to install Stk2pd; however, it is currently compiled only for OS X and Linux.
The names of the STK objects are as follows:
- BeeThree~ (See note)
- FMVoices~ (See note)
- HevyMetl~ (See note)
- Mandolin~ (See note)
- Moog~ (See note)
- Rhodey~ (See note)
- Simple~ (See note)
- TubeBell~ (See note)
- VoicForm~ (See note)
- Wurley~ (See note)
Note: At one point the noted objects did not work on Pd for the Mac, but I believe that this problem relating to the path to rawwaves has been solved.