Sound Synthesis With Max Or Pd
Sound synthesis is demonstrated using a series of patches.
- If you are using Pd, save the series of patches for Pd pd_lecture.tar.gz to your computer and uncompress them.
- Start up either Max or Pd.
- Read and try the patches.
- Look through the Pd Examples from the 'Help' Menu.
- Look at the links for Max/MSP and Pd on the  page.
You might like to experiment with a collection of STK Physical and FM synthesis objects. To make them available in Max/MSP, you will need to install PeRColate. Or to make them available in Pd, you will need to install Stk2pd; however, it is currently compiled only for OS X and Linux.
The names of the STK objects are as follows:
- BeeThree~ (may not work on Mac)
- FMVoices~ (may not work on Mac)
- HevyMetl~ (may not work on Mac)
- Mandolin~ (may not work on Mac)
- Moog~ (may not work on Mac)
- Rhodey~ (may not work on Mac)
- Simple~ (may not work on Mac)
- TubeBell~ (may not work on Mac)
- VoicForm~ (may not work on Mac)
- Wurley~ (may not work on Mac)