SGSI07 Music and Human Behavior
From CCRMA Wiki
Revision as of 15:24, 13 August 2007 by Hiroko
SGSI Summer course in Musical Behavior
- Place: Wallenberg Hall (tentative)
- Sunday 9/16 dinner and concert
- Monday 9/17 The Anatomy of Musical Hearing
- Tuesday 9/18 Learning and Memory
- Wednesday 9/19 Expectations
- Thursday 9/20 Timing and temporal structures
- Friday 9/21 Affect and emotion
- 9/16 Haydn, String Quartet op. 54, no. 2. Beethoven, string Quartet, op. 132
- 9/18 Wagner, Tannhauser (tentative)
- 9/19 Schubert, String Quintet, C major (tentative)
- Krumhansl, C. L. 1990. Cognitive Foundations of Musical Pitch. New York: Oxford University Press, pp.16-31.
- Krumhansl. C.L. 2002. Music: A Link Between Cognition and Emotion
- Current Directions in Psychological Science. Vol. 11 Issue 2 Page 45 April 2002
- Krumhansl, C.L. 1996. A perceptual analysis of Mozart's Piano Sonata K. 282: Segmentation, tension, and musical ideas. Music Perception 13 (3):401-432.
Please answer the following and e-mail your responses to Song-Hui Chon
- Succinctly describe what you hope to get out of this course and what you feel you can contribute.
- List five questions regarding music and human musical behavior that you would like to pursue in depth during the week of the summer course.