Pre Laptop Orchestra/Gear
From CCRMA Wiki
Revision as of 10:32, 11 February 2008 by Ehartman
SLOrk Gear - what we are thinking about getting for the ensemble. Please add suggestions and links here!!!
- macbook (current first choice) (description)
- $1380 per laptop
- planning to buy RAM upgrade separately from apple
- possible paint job outsourcing on white ones
- hoping to get 16x to 20x in the first round
- Ram at Newegg: (linkage)
- see Speaker Design Page
- subwoofers! (any suggestions?)
currently, the thinking is starting with the MOTU Ultralite, and then getting another, more linux-compatible one
- MOTU ultralite (description)
- $545 retail (anyone know how to get them cheaper? Hayden?)
- metering + onboard level control
- unknown/no linux support (boo)
- need to get same number as laptops
- Linux-friendly: Echo Audiofire 2 ()
- or: Audiofire 4 ()
- Cheap $200 - $300
- Audiofire 2 is 2in/2out + 2/2 digital, no preamps,
- Audiofire 4 is 4in/4out + 2/2 digital , w/preamps
- Echo has been cooperating with the ffado project: ()
- Check out the ffado database for other options
- vocal mic's (Shure SM58, 4x)
- $100 each
- instrument mic's (Shure KSM141, 4x)
- headset mic's (ideally want 12 or more of these)
- finger drum pads
- MIDI keyboards (hoping to get at least 6x)
- option: edirol PCR-M30 (description) : ($150, at least 6x) : comment (ge) - in use in PLOrk
- wacom tablet
- option: Intuos 6x8 (description) : ($300, at least 4x) : comment (ge) - in use in PLOrk
- wiimotes (with nunchuk) (description) : ($60, at least 12x)
- dance pads?
- turntable interfaces? (jeff?)
- XLR cables
- Audio Interface => Amp/Speakers cables (may need to build our own)
Storage and Transportion
- one giant laptop container on wheels?
- locks for laptops?
Matts + Pillows (etc)
Power cables / surge protectors / power conditioners
- a nice wide-angle video camera?
- a nice still camera?
Video Projector(s) + screen(s) : OPTIONAL
Everything Else : Suggestions?