PID2008 Intro to Pd
From CCRMA Wiki
Revision as of 18:35, 3 September 2007 by Carrlane
This introduction to Pd is in the form of a series of Pd patches.
- Save the lecture (a series of Pd patches) in your personal directory (in our examples the
'~/clarence'directory): pd_lecture.tar.gz OS X might automatically save it to your Desktop. So, you may have to move it first to
- Extract the notes:
~> cd ~/clarence ~/clarence> tar xzf pd_lecture.tar.gz
- Start Pd by clicking on the Pd icon on the Dock.
- Read and try the patches.
- Look through the Pd Examples from the 'Help' Menu.
A collection of STK Physical and FM synthesis objects are now available in Pd. Check out the following objects:
- http://www.puredata.org/ -- the Pd Community Site
- http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Pd_documentation/ -- Official Pd Documentation
- http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/pdrp/latest/doc/ -- Pd Repertory Project; Patches that can run selected pieces of the live electronic music repertory using Pd
- http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques.htm -- Theory and Techniques of Electronic Music by Miller Puckette; online (and print) book with examples in Pd
- http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html -- Pd-Extended installers; Pd with lots of externs