PID2008 Intro to Pd
From CCRMA Wiki
Revision as of 12:25, 13 August 2007 by Wikimaster
This introduction to Pd is in the form of a series of Pd patches.
- First, you need to set up your Pd environment.
- Save the file .pdrc into your home directory. (Right-click, choose Save Link As...)
- Save the lecture (a series of Pd patches) in your pid2007 directory: pd_lecture.tar.gz
- Extract the notes:
~> cd ~/pid2007 ~/pid2007> tar xzf pd_lecture.tar.gz
- Start Pd:
- Read and try the patches.
- Look through the Pd Examples from the 'Help' Menu.
A collection of STK Physical and FM synthesis objects are now available in Pd. Check out the following objects:
- http://www.puredata.org/ -- the Pd Community Site
- http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Pd_documentation/ -- Official Pd Documentation
- http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/pdrp/latest/doc/ -- Pd Repertory Project; Patches that can run selected pieces of the live electronic music repertory using Pd
- http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques.htm -- Theory and Techniques of Electronic Music by Miller Puckette; online (and print) book with examples in Pd
- http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html -- Pd-Extended installers; Pd with lots of externs