Difference between revisions of "PID2008 HW 1"
From CCRMA Wiki
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Revision as of 12:05, 13 August 2007
Homework 1 - Buttons Vs Handles
- One way to distinguish the ways we DO things is with HANDLES or BUTTONS.
- Buttons are discrete, handles continuous. With a button you initiate and let go; with a handle you grab on and contol. Button clicks are more likely symbolic - we string them together. Handles are more analogic - we gesture and indicate.
- Bring to class two sketches (8-1/2 x 11); one of a ``handle one of a ``button".
- Sketch enough of the context so it is clear where and who might use it.
- List the features that make this a good or bad example - what you like or don't.
- You will present these to everyone in the class. Use a Sharpie.
- The drawing should be self-explanatory. Use as few words as possible.
- Make it clear how the user interacts with it. Where are the user's hands?