work on website here 
upcoming dissertation defense dates
- Madeline May 4th (Friday), CCRMA Stage, 11am - Emily May 9th (Wednesday), CCRMA Stage, 1pm
Lab meetings typically occur once per week. The usual meeting time for Winter 2018 is Friday at 1pm. Check the linked meeting schedule for updates.
- Takako @ Stanford: Jan. 24- Feb. 7 + Feb. 21 - March 7 + March 25 - Apr 11 + May 2 - May 18 + June 8-30 + Aug3-15.
- Skype meeting booking with individual project team
- Feb 12 (Monday): 12:00 - 1:00pm: Iran & Kunwoo - Feb 14 (Wednesday): 11:15 - 12:15pm: Madeline 12:30 - 1:30pm: Aury 1:45 - 2:45pm: Irán - Feb 15 (Thursday) 10:30 - 11:30am: Tysen 11:45 - 12:45pm: Emily and Trang
- Feb 20 (Tuesday) 10:00 - 11:00pm: Ben 11:00 - 12:00pm: Barbara 1:45 - 2:45pm: Irán 3:00 - 4:00pm: Tysen
- Mar 15 (Thursday) 12:00 - 1:00pm: Irán 1:00 - 2:15pm: Emily and Trang 2:30 - 3:45pm: Madeline 4:00 - 5:15pm: Keith - Mar 16 (Friday) 11:30 - 12:45pm: Ben
- Mar 21 (Wednesday) 12:00 - 1:00pm: Emily and Trang 2:00 - 3:00pm: Barbara
- Apr 17 (Tuesday) 2:00 - 3:15pm: Emily 3:30 - 4:45pm: Iran
- Apr 19 (Thursday) 10:00 - 11:00am: Emily 11:00 - 12:00pm: Madeline 12:00 - 1:00pm: Keith 1:30 - 2:45pm: Tysen
- Apr 24 (Tuesday) 11:00 - 12:00pm:
- Apr 26 (Thursday) 12:00 - 1:00pm: Keith 1:00 - 2:00pm: Aury 2:00 - 3:00pm: Emily
- May 24 (Thursday) 11:00 - 12:00pm: Tysen 12:00 - 1:00pm: Kunwoo 1:00 - 2:00pm: Keith 2:00 - 3:00pm: Aury
- May 28 (Monday) 10:00 - 11:00am: Tysen
- May 31 (Thursday) 12:00 - 1:00pm: Kunwoo 1:00 - 2:00pm: Keith - June 1 (Friday) 11:00 - 12:00pm: Tysen
- June 5 (Tuesday) 11:00 - 12:00pm: Emily 12:00 - 1:00pm: Kunwoo 1:30 - 2:30pm: Tysen 3:00 - 4:00pm: Aury
ICMPC talk practice meetings - July 18 (Wednesday) 3:00 - 4:00pm: Tysen 4:00 - 5:00pm: 5:00 - 6:00pm: 6:30 - 7:30pm: Iran - July 19 (Thursday) 9:30 -11:00am: Emily 11:00 -12:00pm: Kunwoo - Aug 22 (Wednesday) 9:00 - 10:15am: Emily - Aug 23 (Thursday) 10:00- 11:00am: Aditya - Aug 24 (Friday) 11:00 -12:00pm: Aury - Aug 31 (Friday) 9:00 - 10:00am: Emily 10:00 - 11:00am: Aditya 11:00 - 12:00pm: Aury 12:00 - 1:00pm: 1:30 - 2:30pm: Tysen
Booking Lab Time
- Use the CCRMA room-booking system with your CCRMA credentials to reserve lab time. 
As of Jan. 12, 2018, the KVM switch in the control room and the booth are working for the stim and mac computers! The motor computer has not been tested at this point. Please document thoroughly if recabling is necessary.
Lab Computer Displays
When the lab is in Default Mode, the KVM switch in the control room tells the control monitor what to display while the KVM switch in the booth tells the booth monitor what to display. Once the computers are on, select from stim, mac, or motor on the KVM switches to bring up the display. If the display does not work, take the following steps:
- Turn monitors on (lower right corner button)
- Toggle through sources (second from the leftmost button)
- DVI should be selected in the control room
- HDMI should be selected in the booth
- Wait for ~30 seconds, especially for mac, or repeat steps 1 and 2
- Instructions for stim if only one display is working at this point (n.b. this only happens if something was disconnected and reconnected)
- Keep default setup
- Open the Control Panel (Windows Button > Settings > Control Panel)
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel
- Navigate to Display > Set up multiple displays
- Select 'The same on both displays (Clone)'
- Hit apply and keep!!!
- You may need to repeat step 2, or reselect stim on the KVM switches
- Special instructions if stim is really not displaying
- For booth, only if necessary, directly connect stim VGA to booth monitor VGA by VGA-VGA adapter through the wall. It may be necessary to disconnect other visual outputs from stim, breaking mirroring between the control room and the booth. Mouse and keyboard in booth can connect to the small USB splitter in booth (black box, about 2x3 inches, with 'amazon basics' printed on it). This black box should already be connected through the wall USB-USB to a USB port on the back of the stim computer. Stim can now only be accessed in the booth.
- For control room, only if necessary, directly connect the stim computer DVI to the control monitor (probably use the DVI cable that is already coming out of the control monitor). It may be necessary to disconnect other visual outputs from stim, breaking mirroring to booth. Move mouse and keyboard from back of Control KVM switch to the stim computer to make a direct connection. Stim can now only be accessed in the control room.
after using the lab, please leave it in the default mode.
- DVI output from Stim connects to Control KVM switch
- HDMI output from Stim connects to Booth KVM switch - note: this particular cable has the label 'stim'.
- VGA output not used
- HDMI output from mac connects to Control KVM switch
- USB (silvery cable) output from mac connects to Booth KVM switch
- Thunder (followed by adapter to HDMI) output from mac connects to Booth KVM switch
- Control KVM switch
- Control monitor connects to back of switch with DVI cable. At switch, DVI is converted to HDMI
- Control mouse and keyboard plug into back of KVM switch with USB
- Booth KVM switch
- Booth monitor connects to back of switch with HDMI cable.
- Booth mouse and keyboard plug into back of KVM switch with USB
- Brush participant scalp with stiff brush
- NuPrep gel can clean each electrode site after cap is velcroed
- Spin the wood end of the cotton swab in each electrode site
- May or may not need NuPrep gel on end of wood....tbd
- Sanitize the comb/brush after every use: put them in the plastic tub with warm water + 1 Tablespoon dish soap + 1 Tablespoon vinegar (under the sink). Let sit for ~1 hour before rinsing and drying. (A good time to do this is while the participant is in the booth).
- Keep connector away from water - use a ziplock bag around the connector and hook it above the paper towel dispenser.
- SSP tricks