Good practices for the Neuromusic Lab
Lab meetings typically occur once per week. The usual meeting time for Winter 2018 is Friday at 1pm. Check the linked meeting schedule for updates.
- Takako @ Stanford: Jan. 24- Feb. 7 + Feb. 21 - March 23
Booking Lab Time
- Use the CCRMA room-booking system with your CCRMA credentials to reserve lab time. 
As of Jan. 12, 2018, the KVM switch in the control room and the booth are working for the stim and mac computers! The motor computer has not been tested at this point. Please document thoroughly if recabling is necessary.
How to use KVM switches
When the lab is in Default Mode, the KVM switch in the control room tells the control monitor what to display while the KVM switch in the booth tells the booth monitor what to display. Once the computers are on, select from stim, mac, or motor to bring up the display. If the display does not work, take the following steps:
- Turn monitors on (lower right corner button)
- Toggle through sources (second from the leftmost button)
: DVI should be selected in the control room : HDMI should be selected in the booth
- special instructions if stim is really not displaying
: For booth, only if necessary, directly connect stim VGA to booth monitor VGA by VGA-VGA adapter through the wall. </br>It may be necessary to disconnect other visual outputs, breaking mirroring to the control room. : For control room, only if necessary, directly connect the stim computer DVI to the monitor. </br>It may be necessary to disconnect other visual outputs, breaking mirroring to booth
after using the lab, please leave it in the default mode.
: DVI output from Stim connects to Control KVM switch : HDMI output from Stim connects to Booth KVM switch - note: this particular cable has the label 'stim'. : VGA output not used
: HDMI output from mac connects to Control KVM switch : USB (silvery cable) output from mac connects to Booth KVM switch : Thunder (followed by adapter to HDMI) output from mac connects to Booth KVM switch
- Brush participant scalp with stiff brush
- NuPrep gel can clean each electrode site after cap is velcroed
- Sanitize the comb/brush after every use: put them in the plastic tub with warm water + 1 Tablespoon dish soap + 1 Tablespoon vinegar (under the sink). Let sit for ~1 hour before rinsing and drying. (A good time to do this is while the participant is in the booth).
- Keep connector away from water - use a ziplock bag around the connector and hook it above the paper towel dispenser.
- SSP tricks