From CCRMA Wiki
Revision as of 22:37, 24 September 2009 by Njb
Common Matlab Trickiness
- In matlab, vector and matrix indices start at 1 (not 0). For example, to access the first element in the vector x, use x(1). If you are familiar with other programming languages such as C or C++, this might cause some slight difficulties in the beginning.
- The transpose operator ' (apostrophe) acts as a Hermitian transpose. The Hermitian transpose takes the complex conjugate as well as the normal transpose of a matrix. To take avoid taking the complex conjugate you can use .'
- Sound I/O on matlab is pretty basic. For the linux machines, audio will sometimes be a problem if: a web browser is playing audio, JACK is running, some other audio program is locking the audio resources on your computer.
- When writing functions, the name of the saved file must be the same as the function name.
- When using built in functions such as min and max, be careful note to which dimension the operator is working on. Typically, matlab operators on columns.