Welcome to the Music Engagement Research Initiative (MERI) wiki!
The next meeting is in bold, and all meetings are at the CCRMA seminar room, unless otherwise noted.
- 5:30pm, Thursday, October 10, 2019
- 11:30am, Friday, October 25, 2019
This is by no means an exhaustive list of the interests represented in the group.
- Computational music analysis
- Generative music algorithms
- Music information retrieval
- Music recording
- Music recommendation
- Vocal expression
- Non-verbal vocal cues
- Music sociology
- Music categorization
This is a list of potential readings for the group. MERI members, feel free to add on! Subjects in bold are those that have been mentioned as being of interest for readings, but do not currently have specific books or articles attached.
- Computational Music Analysis -- David Meredith, 2016
- Music, Sound, and Space -- Georgina Born, 2013
- Music Sociology -- Sara Towe Horsfall, Jan-Martijn Meij, and Meghan D. Probstfield, 2013
- The Science of the Singing Voice -- Johan Sundberg, 1987
- A Geometry of Music -- Dmitri Tymoczko, 2010
- Towards a Poetics of Performative Space -- Xin Wei Sha, 2006 (related topics : composition, music sociology, computer music and space, algorithmic)
- Music and Probability -- David Temperley, 2007
- Something on automatic music generation
- Non-Western perspectives on music engagement