The following videos are loosely grouped according to Eduardo Miranda and Marcelo Wanderley, "New Digital Musical Instruments: Control and Interaction Beyond the Keyboard," A-R Editions, 2006.
For some historical perspectives, look up the father of computer music or google some prior electronic musical instruments such as the Theremin, the Ondes Martenot, the Trautonium, or the Electronic Sackbut.
- Augmented Instruments
- Instrument-Inspired Controllers
- Maurice Martenot Ondes Martenot
- Michael Gurevich & Stephan von Muehlen -- Accordiatron
- Trueman and Cook Bowed-Sensor-Speaker-Array
- Robotic/haptic musical instruments
- Alternate Physical Interfaces
- Motivated by Rich Metaphors
- Multiple Performers
- Commercial controllers
Note: Links to videos were put here by Michael Gurevich and Edgar Berdahl.