The following videos are loosely grouped according to Eduardo Miranda and Marcelo Wanderley, "New Digital Musical Instruments: Control and Interaction Beyond the Keyboard," A-R Editions, 2006.
For some historical perspectives, look up the father of computer music or google some prior electronic musical instruments such as the Theremin, the Ondes Martenot, the Trautonium, or the Electronic Sackbut.
Also, see prior projects from Music 250A.
- Augmented Instruments
- Instrument-Inspired Controllers
- Alternate Physical Interfaces
- Motivated by Rich Metaphors
- Multiple Performers
- Commercial controllers
- Maurice Martenot Ondes Martenot
- Max Mathews' Radio Baton
- Don Buchla's Lightning
- Don Buchla's Thunder
- Haken Audio's Continuum Fingerboard
- Keith McMillen Instruments QuNeo
- Yamaha / Toshio Iwai -- Tenori-on (video)
- Jazzmutant Lemur
- Yamaha Miburi (similar to Gypsy Motion -- DJ and Drums)
- Livid Instruments Livid Instruments
- Roger Linn's LinnStrument Linnstrument
Note: Links to videos were put here by Michael Gurevich and Edgar Berdahl.