From CCRMA Wiki
Have at it CCRMA community
- CCRMA COVID-19 Info Page (Maintained by Matt)
- jacktrip — high quality, low latency audio over networks
- Wirecutter's recommendations for the best USB microphone
- Stanford UIT Zoom Software Updates tracking what's in which version when.
- Beginners' guide to navigating Zoom's meeting window
- Basics of sharing computer sound
- Zoom in "Music Mode" by RAMA Vocal Center featuring Zoom's Original Sound option.
- How to protect your meetings e.g., from "zoombombing" (trolls joining meetings and screen sharing bad stuff). Also USC has resources on this.
- Stanford's Use Zoom to support your course instructions; perhaps you want to use The Stanford way of using Zoom with Canvas
- Zoom Web Client (for people who want to attend meetings from a browser without downloading and installing the Zoom app: "Note that the meeting experience from the browser is limited")
Zoom Doom and Gloom
- Stanford ASSU People's Caucus town hall zoom bombed with racist messages 5/16/20
- Stanford undergrad senate Resolution to Protect Stanford Student Privacy in an Era of Online Learning introduced 4/28/20.
- Stanford Daily opinion Stanford should be cautious when using Zoom.
- Zoom announces a feature freeze as they redeploy their entire development team to dealing with security and privacy issues.
- FBI warning about Zoombombing
- TechCrunch: Maybe we shouldn't use Zoom after all
- Electronic Frontier Foundation: What You Should Know About Online Tools During the COVID-19 Crisis (also addressing Slack and other technologies)
- Zoom's creepy Attendee attention tracking feature
- CBS: Zoom sued for allegedly sharing users' personal data with Facebook (March 30, 2020)
- Security vulnerability of Zoom MacOS from July 2019 where they secretly installed a webserver that allowed malicious websites to enable your camera without your permission (which they fixed shortly thereafter).
Virtual Classroom Tips
- Zoom (of course)
- AirServer for screen-mirroring from tablet and/or smart-phone to desktop over wifi:
- OneNote for virtual whiteboard
- Poor Man’s Document Camera for Videoconferencing (smart-phone on stand)
- TurboScan for converting physical documents to PDF and mailing to self for online display:
- GoodReader for displaying / annotating/ drawing on PDFs on projected tablet
- Piazza for class announcements and more
- Canvas for managing assignments and exams (which can be online)
- TeachAnywhere guide for transitioning to online teaching at Stanford
Health and Well Being
- Nette is holding a daily Zoom "drop-in" hangout from 1pm-2pm M-F; please see Nette's email from 3/19/2020 (subject: "Town Hall Recording") for ways to connect
- (Errand sharing sheet created by Michiko Theurer - see email)
- Cloth masks don't work (as well as proper ones)
Grocery Delivery Options
- InstaCart (four day delay as of March 16 - also their workers are on strike)
- Safeway (deliveries completely sold out, but you might be able pick up your order if they do not cancel it as mine just was)
Being Conscious of and Ensuring Good Air Flow
- (JOS in Town Hall Presentation 2020-04-01)
- Close Contact Definitions
- Choir Practice
- Effective Practices Up Close
- The ideal ventilation direction is obviously floor to ceiling, but any direction of flow is better than stagnant air
- "Flattening the Curve"
- Quaranteam: you and your housemates