CCRMA User Group
The CCRMA User Group aims to present short practical presentations by expert users of tools available at CCRMA in hopes of enhancing the community research and creative experience.
CUG will be held each Tuesday: noon - 12:50.
October 9, 2007 : "You don't know Jack!"
This weeks CCRMA User Group presentation will feature two main topics.
1) A more in-depth look at the architecture and configuration of Jack and Qjackctl by Fernando.
He'll give us an overview of the Jack API and how it relates to the operating system kernel and audio applications. He'll also talk about optimizing Jack settings both in Qjackctl and with the command line. Take a look here for more info:
Jack block diagram:
2) GNOME Desktop Tweaks
- Configuring your panel with application start icons and monitoring applets: CPU and network monitoring.
- Configuring and using 'Workspaces' and workspace switching
- Screensaver, mouse, keyboard and theme tweaks.
3) bonus: using FTP at CCRMA