Difference between revisions of "256b-winter-2010/hw3"
From CCRMA Wiki
|(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 14:37, 7 February 2010
Homework #3: Design Your Own Instrument (DYOI)
Due date (checkpoint): 2010.2.8 3:15pm (class), Monday Due date (final): 2010.2.15 11:59:59pm, Monday
The goals of this assignment
- go through a concerted concept/design exercise to develop the idea for a new instrument
- (don't worry about networking/GPS, unless you want to)
- prototype the design on the iPhone
- "concrete" design documents in whatever formats is most comfortable to you (on paper, omnigraffle, MS paint, powerpoint, etc.)
- early prototype (due 2.8)
- final prototype (due 2.15)
- devote time for concept and design!
- do things in chunks, unit test when possible!
- make it work (don't worry about making it right or fast in this assignment)
- have fun with it!!!
- you are welcome to work together, but you must do/turn in your own work
turn in all files by putting them in your Library/Web/256b/hw3/ directory, and concise online documentation + readme
- 1) source code to the project(s) (*.h, *.cpp, *.m *.mm *.c makefile, project files, etc.)
- 2) online page for your project (should be viewable at http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~YOURID/256b/hw3). It should include:
- links to concept / design documents
- links to your files of various kinds (or to a zip/tar archive)
- instructions on building the project (for example, anyone in the class should be able to download and run)
- a short README text section that:
- conveys your ideas/comments in constructing each program
- describes any difficulties you encountered in the process
- lists any collaborators
- 3) email Ge and Nick with the link to your web page, as a confirmation that you are submitting the assignment