From CCRMA Wiki
Final Project Presentation: Artful Design of Computer Music Software
- Thursday, December 14th, 2017, 3:30pm, CCRMA Stage
- OPEN TO PUBLIC
- (please arrive at least 15 minutes before; arrive even earlier if you want to test the audio + video)
- There Will Be Donuts.
Final Project Deliverables
- DUE: by beginning of final presentation. Upload the entire website to Canvas (HTML, screenshot and video file resources), not just a link
- screenshots that show the essence of your design (if you need more than one to show the essence of your design, include more than one!)
- a 2-3 minute, high-quality, polished video documentation of your design
- a portfolio-style webpage (something you'd be proud to include in an job/school application!)
- Name of product, your name(s)
- Idea / Premise (the big idea / the vision)
- Motivation (why do it?)
- The Thing (what is it?) and its Design
- what is the final product?
- what purpose does it serve? what is the experience of using it like?
- what is the interface? how to use it? (should include a sequence of screenshots + text that show the flow of your project)
- software architecture (what are the different components, under the hood?)
- What was your "measure of goodness" or "metric of success" as you designed this?
- duration 3-7 minutes (for 1-person projects); 5-10 minutes (for 2-person teams)
- must include a polished demo (keeping in mind you are presenting the essence and experience of a product, more than a tech-demo)
- might briefly address vision + motivation
- might briefly speak to your design
- you will also be graded by the fluidity and strength of your presentation, so really craft/optimize your demo + practice!
- less might be more, polish and distill your presentation to its essence
- as always, have fun with it!