From CCRMA Wiki
Revision as of 15:32, 5 December 2017 by Ge
Final Project Presentation: Artful Design of Computer Music Software
- Thursday, December 14th, 2017, 3:30pm, CCRMA Stage
- OPEN TO PUBLIC
- (please arrive at least 15 minutes before; earlier if you want to test the audio + video; there will be donuts)
Final Project Deliverables
- DUE: by beginning of final presentation
- one or more screenshots that show the essence of your design
- a 2-3 high-quality, polished video documentation of your design
- a portfolio-style webpage (something you'd be proud to include in an job/school application!)
- NAME of product, your name(s)
- Idea / Premise (the big idea / the vision)
- Motivation (why do it?)
- The Thing (What is it?) and its Design
- what is the final product?
- what purpose does it serve? what is the experience of using it like?
- what is the interface? how to use it?
- software architecture (what are the different components, under the hood?)
- What was your "measure of goodness" or "metric of success" as you designed this?
- duration 3-7 minutes (for 1-person projects); 5-10 (for 2- or more person teams)
- must include a polished demo (keeping in mind you are presenting the essence and experience of a product, more than a tech-demo)
- might briefly address vision + motivation
- might briefly speak to your design
- you will also be graded by the fluidity and strength of your presentation, so really craft/optimize your demo + practice!
- less might be more, polish and distill your presentation to its essence
- as always, have fun with it!