Homework #2: "Transformations"
Thanks for your very spirited and imaginative contributions to today's class. I think we have a really great group.
By way of a reminder, the assignment for next Friday is to create a "tape" piece--a variation--in response to the given theme. (Note:"tape" is a misnomer of course, but historically quaint.)
- 1. The theme, OnceUponATime.WAV, can be found on our coursework site
- 2. Completed pieces must be 30 seconds to 2 minutes in duration.
- 3. Pieces must be submitted on audio CD (how nostalgic!) that will
play in a commercial CD player, not a computer. A jewel case or sleeve is not required.
- 4. Please label the CD with your name and, optionally, a title.
- 5. Any audio tools may be used to transform the theme into your
piece. However, the only sound source you may employ is the given theme; please do not add any additional samples or sound sources. That said, the given theme can be warped extensively beyond recognition--or not (as per your individual artistic goals).