Music 220C: Course Wiki
This is a community wiki page maintained by Music 220C class.
Note: Register a link to your project blog in the section below.
Please write up your system and possible needs for the concert. Make it short!
- example: my project
- 24 speakers (from my audio system) - 3 beam projector (from Processing) - Rehearsal and Tech prep = about 1 hr - 2 players - Disklavier
- Nik Sawe's fMRI-to-music pieces.
- Projector with HDMI access - Rehearsal and Tech prep - 20 minutes - Like Micah, any computer that can be hooked up to the projector (will bring my own but backups are nice since I'm particularly vulnerable to Murphy's Law of Electronics)
- Tim O'Brien's piece. (Title to be finalized soon.)
- 24 speakers + maybe additional small speakers at odd angles (I already discussed this with Nando and will continue to communicate with him and Carr) - No projector. Lights off if possible, or some low lighting emphasizing the speakers. - Rehearsal and Tech prep = about 2 hrs (though I could be quicker if necessary) - Fixed media. Will use Ardour3 on the CCRMA linux machine.
- Gestalt Rock - Micah Arvey
- As many speakers as will be there. 1-24 is fine. - Projector needed, mainly to display UI and waveform. - Rehearsal and Tech prep = about 10 minutes - Any computer with Google Chrome that can be hooked up to projector and speakers
- Reza Payami
- 24 speakers - Rehearsal and Tech prep about 2 hours or shorter - Up to around 6 players and sound cards - Disklavier
- Romain Michon (title to be finalized)
- 24 speakers (from my audio system through netjack) - Projector (from Processing - VGA) - Rehearsal and Tech prep = about 2 hr - 2 players - Small table for my laptop
- Phonemic Music Control - Alex Kaneko
- Speakers (stereo is sufficent) - Projector - Rehearsal/Tech = 15 mins
Nik Sawe - Converting fMRI Signal into a Symphony
Micah Arvey - Web Application for active and custom listening
Romain Michon - Composition for the Chanforgnophone
Reza Payami - Instrument Design and Composition
Emily Graber - Musical Computer Music
Andy Stuhl - Research on Imagined Sound and Inner Voice
Kunal Datta - AudioTour. (name pending)
Tim O'Brien - Powers of Two
Erin Baumann - Synesthesia and Pitch Memory