From CCRMA Wiki
Revision as of 09:03, 18 May 2010 by Mpberger (→Use the Space Below to Link to Your Project Pages/Wikis)
Music 220c - Research Seminar in Computer-Generated Music
Use the Space Below to Link to Your Project Pages/Wikis
Short blurbs and links to project pages:
- Bjoern Erlach - w/ J. Abel. inter-sampling artifact calibration, acoustic modeling
- Charlie Forkish - Produce a stage show. Develop a system that will take inputs from each player (of about five), and visualize each input to a freakin' LASER BEAM(!) — using freq. analysis/tracking, envelope tracking, timbre tracking, etc...
- Stephen Henderson - Alzheimer's helped by medial prefrontal cortex? helped by music?
- Grahame Lesh - Live Video Recording/Editing of a band based on their output.
- Tyler Maue - Lüp-It: One-man band loop generator.
- Linden Melvin - Live Sound Synthesis to make a Soundscape
- Dohi Moon - Electronic Music + Animation (String Quartet)
- Colin Raffel - Getting Rain Barrels - Live sampling, wireless miking — group music making.
- Michael Repper - Bending Music, Spectrograms for Donald Barra's new book, "Shaping Music"
- Adam Shepperd - Composition for infrasonics. Creation of very low frequency driver using tactile transducers and found satellite dish.
- Isaac Wang - Expansion of 220B project - sonifying twitter updates - Something generative/automated that also sounds good, put interface on server so that people can "tweet" from anywhere. Collaborative.
- Jacob Wittenberg - divine players choices (maybe in Jazz?) with MIDI info, formulate algorythms based on choices made by performers - learn the probabilities for different things (Machine learning) so that one can play a duet with oneself. The computer "knows" one's style.
- Xiang Zhang - w/ J. Abel. 3d modeling, acoustic modeling
Thurs. May 27, 2010
Sound-check SAME DAY. sound-check order:
- Isaac 3:30pm
- Tyler 4pm
- Jacob 4:30pm
- Linden 5pm
- Graham 5:30pm
- Adam 6pm
- Colin 6:30pm
- Linden - M 7-8:30, T 6:30-8, W 12-1:30
- Jacob - M 4:15-6, T 10-11
- Tyler - M 6-7, W 2:30-4, R 2-3
- Colin - M 3-4, T 5-6:30, W 1:30-2:30
- Adam - W 4-5
- Bjoern - T 9-10
- Isaac - T 8-9, W 5-6,
- Grahame - T 11-12, W 11-12