From CCRMA Wiki
Music 220c - Research Seminar in Computer-Generated Music
Use the Space Below to Link to Your Project Pages/Wikis
Short blurbs and links to project pages:
- Bjoern Erlach - w/ J. Abel. inter-sampling artifact calibration, acoustic modeling
- Charlie Forkish - Produce a stage show. Develop a system that will take inputs from each player (of about five), and visualize each input to a freakin' LASER BEAM(!) — using freq. analysis/tracking, envelope tracking, timbre tracking, etc...
- Francesco Georg - Webcam motion tracking of dancing/gesture for control of music
- Stephen Henderson - Alzheimer's helped by medial prefrontal cortex? helped by music?
- Grahame Lesh - Live Video Recording/Editing of a band based on their output.
- Tyler Maue - Lüp-It: One-man band loop generator.
- Linden Melvin - My Project Webpage
- Dohi Moon - Electronic Music + Animation (String Quartet)
- Colin Raffel - Getting Rain Barrels - Live sampling, wireless miking — group music making.
- Michael Repper - Bending Music, Spectrograms for Donald Barra's new book, "Shaping Music"
- Adam Shepperd - live noise compositions in the past; finding a new way to present the material to people: create a sound sculpture with the older noise compositions. 64 compositions (one for each day of this quarter) edit them down, for the sound sculpture, using bobbing birds, monome, and arduino. SOUND SCULPTURE WILL BE THE PRESENTATION OF THESE 64 COMPOSITIONS.
- Isaac Wang - Expansion of 220B project - sonifying twitter updates - Something generative/automated that also sounds good, put interface on server so that people can "tweet" from anywhere. Collaborative.
- Jacob Wittenberg - divine players choices (maybe in Jazz?) with MIDI info, formulate algorythms based on choices made by performers - learn the probabilities for different things (Machine learning) so that one can play a duet with oneself. The computer "knows" one's style.
- Xiang Zhang - w/ J. Abel. 3d modeling, acoustic modeling
Thurs. May 27, 2010
Sound-check SAME DAY. sound-check order:
- Isaac 3:30pm
- Tyler 4pm
- Jacob 4:30pm
- Linden 5pm
- Graham 5:30pm
- Adam 6pm
- Colin 6:30pm
- Linden - M 7-8:30, T 7-8:30, W 12-1:30
- Jacob - M 4:15-6, T 10-11:30
- Tyler - M 6-7, W 2:30-4, R 2-3
- Colin - M 3-4, T 5-6:30, W 1:30-2:30