From CCRMA Wiki
Assignment #1: Single Hemi SLOrk Instrument
- milestone A 2014.4.9 in class: work-in-progress; 30 second live demo
- milestone B 2014.4.16 in class: finished instrument; 2 minute live mini-performance
This assignment asks you to create a laptop orchestra instrument for a single hemispherical speaker array.
- create an instrument for laptop and a single hemi using ChucK
- you must use ChucK to create/implement the instrument
- should take advantage of the multi-channel aspect (or have a good reason to not do that)
- consider issues of playability, expressiveness, sound, and also use in an ensemble setting
- craft a very short piece for your instrument, describe/score it, turn in with assignment
- each person should turn in their own instrument - however, working together is highly encouraged!
- feel free to use any combination of keyboard, mouse/trackpad, joystick, gametrak, and any other input device