Difference between revisions of "128-spring-2014/hw1"
From CCRMA Wiki
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= #1: SLOrk Instrument =
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
you to create a laptop orchestra instrument for a single hemispherical speaker array.
Revision as of 14:16, 4 April 2014
Project #1: Create A New SLOrk Instrument
- milestone A 2014.4.9 in class: work-in-progress; 30 second live demo
- milestone B 2014.4.16 in class: finished instrument; 2 minute live mini-performance
In this project, you are to create a laptop orchestra instrument for a single hemispherical speaker array.
- create an instrument for laptop and a single hemi
- use ChucK to create/implement the instrument
- should take advantage of the multi-channel aspect (or have a good reason to not do that)
- consider issues of playability, expressiveness, sound, and also use in an ensemble setting
- craft a very short piece for your instrument, describe/score it, turn in with assignment
- each person should turn in their own instrument - however, working together is highly encouraged!
- feel free to use any combination of keyboard, mouse/trackpad, joystick, gametrak, and any other input device