CCRMA User Blog Posts
CREATE A BLOG ENTRY
- This is my content submission for Music 220a, hw0. Even though it is the sound of a bus starting to drive, it is reminiscent of listening to a plane takeoff from inside the cabin. It is the beginning of the new school year, so I have been pondering the theme of transitions recently. I chose this sound for my submission because it elicits a strong sense of ending/beginning for anyone who has ever been on a plane.File Attachment:
Women in Music and Gaming Scholarship
Summer workshop opportunity to study Music and GamingGOAL:Promote the engagement of young women in the fields of game design and development and interactive electronic and computer music.HOW IT WORKS:Up to 2 (two) women (between ages 16-30) will be selected to attend the Designing Musical Games::Gaming Musical Design Summer Workshop at CCRMA with full
- I was visiting scholar at CCRMA in 1996-1997
My current home page is :
I just got new hosting and I'm waiting for dns to propagate… and in the meantime, composing a new "about me". Over the years, ccrma's been good to me, so I decided to link to this blog instead of creating a brand new one. My password still works from 2005. Thanks for that faith in me.
[or generic fedora -- https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/]
install from usb stick
login as user (answer first session questions)
- In Austin the sun rises at 7:28 every day this week because we're at the parahelion, the pointiest part in the earth's ellipse around the sun. the planet is moving slower this time of year. In three months, the sun will rise a minute earlier each day! In my home town in New Hampshire, it will change by two minutes each day!
- Let's see how it works. Subscribe?
- Trying to figure out if we should encourage people to use this blog feature. Does it look good? Is it worth it?
- The oldest book I can find on music theory is the Silappatikaram, written around the year 400 in Tamil. I ordered a copy. I'll let you know.
What music theory books have inspired you?
- 1 of 4